This weekend I had the chance to meet up with some old friends...which was very welcome since we're so far from home. Jorge's Mom, Eli, came by the house. It was great to see her...she looks the same as she did 15 years ago! She was very sweet to the girls and gave us a lot of helpful tips.
Then yesterday we went to Rodrigo and Paula's house. Rodrigo was my classmate at MIT. Rodrigo and Paula are great friends and wonderful people. Paula, is going to be a big help to us here. She has talked to many different places about school/preschool for the girls. Tomorrow she's going to take us around to several different options so we can see the schools and talk to them about a short-term enrollment possibility. Right now Steve and I are thinking we're more inclined to do a preschool/play type of environment rather than a real intense elementary school (with long days, uniforms, etc.). "Real" school just seems a bit too much for only two months and I think the girls might be overwhelmed (especially since the schools we are looking at are only Spanish speaking, not bilingual). I'm not very concerned about academics here for them, but rather want them to play with some Chilean kids and learn some Spanish and have fun! There's one place that offers all music and art classes...Maria wants that one! So we'll see what we figure out early this week.
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment